Hair Extensions for Different Hair Types and Textures
If you've ever wondered why your hair looks different to your friend's hair, or why some products work better on your hair than others, it's because of your hair texture. Hair texture is determined by the shape of the follicle, which is the tiny tube that the hair grows out of.
When it comes to hair extensions, there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution. The style that will work best for you will depend on various factors, including the natural texture of your hair, and whether your hair is straight, wavy or curly.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the different types of hair textures and the best hair extensions for each. Read on to find out more.
Explore the Different Types of Hair Extensions
There are many different types of hair extensions available on the market today. So, how do you know which ones are right for you? Here is a quick guide to the types we have available:
- Clip-in: These are the most popular type of extensions. They are easy to put in and take out, and they don’t require any special tools or skills. You can find clip-in extensions in a variety of colours, textures, and lengths.
- Tape-in: These are a newer type of extension that’s becoming increasingly popular. They are applied by sandwiching a strip of your natural hair between two strips of extension hair, and then the whole thing is taped together.
- Sew-in: Sew-ins are also known as wefts or a weave. This is a semi-permanent method where individual strands of hair are sewn to your natural hair.
Textured Hair Extensions: Discover A Range of Styles
If you're looking to add some length or volume to your hair, extensions are a great option. But with so many different types and textures available, how do you know which ones are right for you?
Here's a quick guide to choosing the right option for your hair type and texture:
- Fine: The best extensions for fine hair are generally tape-ins or clip-ins. These will not weigh down your hair, instead adding volume and thickness.
- Thick: If you have thick hair, you can choose any type of extension, but customers love tape-ins, as they will be the most comfortable.
- Curly: We recommend tape-ins as they will blend in better with your natural hair.
- Wavy: Opt for tape-in extensions as they will be the most comfortable and will not add any extra weight to your hair
- Straight: Your extensions can be either clip-in or tape-in, but we recommend clip-ins as they will blend in well with your natural hair
Things to Consider When Choosing Textured Hair Extensions
When it comes to extensions, there are a few things you need to take into account in order to choose the right ones. Here at Platinum Lockz, we have a wide variety to choose from, so we understand how overwhelming it can be to make a decision.
To help you out, we’ve put together a list of things to consider when making your choice:
- Installation type: We stock various types of hair, from clip-ins to wefts. Use our handy guide above to help you decide which type is best for you.
- Length: Our hair is available in a range of lengths. Don’t forget to choose a length that compliments your natural hair.
- Colour: When it comes to extensions, you can either choose a colour that matches your natural tone or you can go for a fun, colourful option.
- Texture: Our hair is available in a variety of textures, from straight to curly. It's important to choose a texture that works well with your natural hair.
Don’t be afraid to have fun and experiment to find your best look! What matters is that you find a look that suits you. Check out our salon-quality range today.
Transform Your Look Today
If you're looking for a way to change up your look without making a permanent commitment, our textured hair extensions are a great option. No matter what type of hair you have, there's a style that's perfect for you.
At Platinum Lockz, we have a wide variety of extensions to choose from. If you are looking to take your hair to the next level, shop the range today and enjoy free shipping on orders of $250. Browse the Platinum Lockz range today or contact us if you have any questions.