Tape Hair Extension Hairstyle Ideas for Special Occasions
Tape hair extensions are a semi-permanent type of hair extension that uses tape adhesives to attach the extensions to the natural hair. They’re the perfect way to transform your look for special occasions – from weddings to graduations, proms and parties.
Here at Platinum Lockz, our tape-ins are made from 100% Remy hair and can be styled, washed, and treated just like your own. In this blog, we'll be sharing some of our favourite looks that can be achieved with our range. We'll also be giving some tips and tricks on how to achieve these styles.
Our Favourite Hairstyles for Tape-in Extensions
Wondering how to style your tape-in extensions? If you're looking for different styles that can be achieved with tape hair extensions, then you've come to the right place!
Here we’ve listed some go-to hairstyles to help you create the look you want.
Tape-ins can be used to create a variety of braid styles, from simple three-strand braids to more complex braided updos. To create a basic three-strand braid:
- Start by dividing the hair into three even sections. Take the outermost section and cross it over the middle section, then take the innermost section and cross it over the new middle section.
- Continue crossing the sections over one another until you reach the ends of the hair, then secure with an elastic.
For added pop, you could even braid in a different colour!
To create a basic bun, start by gathering all of the hair into a high ponytail at the crown of the head. Secure the ponytail with an elastic, then twist the hair around itself until it forms a coil. Tuck the ends of the hair under the coil and secure in place with bobby pins.
For a more elaborate bun, try braiding the hair before twisting it into a bun, or incorporating additional hair accessories such as headbands or ribbons. The possibilities are endless. Try our 22” or 24” extensions today.
Twisted updos are a great way to add a touch of glamour with tape-ins. To create a basic twist:
- Start by dividing the hair into two sections.
- Take a small section of hair from one of the sections and twist it around itself, then take a small section of hair from the other section and twist it around the first twist.
- Continue adding in small sections of hair and twisting them around one another until you reach the ends of the hair, then secure the twist in place with an elastic.
Explore Curled Hairstyles for Tape-in Extensions
If you're looking for some new, curly hairstyles to try out, you've come to the right place! From simple and easy everyday looks, to more complex and glamorous styles, we've got you covered. So grab your curling iron and let's get started!
- Loose Curls: Start by applying a small amount of product to your hair, then take small sections of hair and wrap them around your fingers to create loose curls. Once all of your hair is curled, brush through it with your fingers to loosen up the curls and give them a more natural look. Finish by spraying your hair with a light hold hairspray.
- Beachy Waves: This is a great style for summer! To achieve beachy waves with your tape hair extensions, start by curling each section with a curling iron. Once all of your hair is curled, run your fingers through it to loosen up the curls. Finish by spraying with some moisture spray for extra texture.
- High Definition Curls: iHIStart by wrapping small sections of hair around a curling iron – don’t forget to use Platinum Lockz Heat Protectant Spray. Once all of your hair is curled, brush through it with your fingers to loosen up the curls and give them a more natural look. Finish by spraying your hair with a heavy hold spray and voila!
Prefer a straight look? Read on to find out how to style your tape-in extensions to achieve the sleekest ‘do.
Straight Hairstyles for Tape-in Extensions
If you're looking for different ways to style your taps, look no further.
- Sleek: For a sleek, straight look, simply apply your tape hair extensions and use a flat iron to smooth out any flyaways.
- Layer it up: Add some dimension to your look by layering your tape hair extensions. Start by applying the extensions at the bottom of your hair, then gradually add more as you go up. This will give your hair some volume and depth.
- Half up, half down: This is a classic style that looks great with straight hair. To achieve this look, simply pull half of your hair back and secure with a hair tie. You can leave the rest of your hair down or curl it for a more glamorous look.
Shop Our Range of Tape Hair Extensions for Special Occasions
Whether you're looking for a classic updo, a duo-tone look, or something more unique, we have the extensions for you. Shop the range and order today, and you'll be sure to turn heads at your next event!